November 11th, 2020 – Respect and Remember – Safely
As you know the pandemic has put paid to many events this year, sadly one of these events will be our annual Remembrance Day Service and Parade.
The Parish Council feels that it remains important to commemorate this day and we will be having a simple service conducted by Fiona Haskett.
We will strive to give this day a sense of dignity and reverence in these most trying of times.
There will be no parade and no gathering of the Village.
Given current Government guidelines concerning the “rule of 6”, our Remembrance Service party will consist of: –
- The Vicar of St Peter and St Paul Church
- One representative from the Parish Council
- One representative from the Royal British Legion
- One representative from Churches Together
- The Parish Clerk
- We will also be joined by a photographer so that we can record the event. Pictures will be posted to our website and social media.
We hope that everyone will remember this day in the safety of their own homes or workplaces and will not come out on to the main street of Headcorn.
We are truly saddened by this turn of events but hope that everyone will bear with it until we are able resume our usual memorial service.